Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

LIVING AS A CHILD AND A SERVANT


Malachi 1:6a

"A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then, I am the Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is the reverence due to me?" says the Lord Almighty.

Personal Challenge

It often amazes me when I see professing Christians all up in arms about how upset they are that our nation has taken God out of everything and yet their lives are lived as Malachi calls out here, without honoring and reverencing God. When as I write this I am reminded that I, all too often, do this as well in my own life. We have come to a place in our independence and belief that we can determine what the Scriptures say on our own that we have confined God to some little box that we store in the closet Monday through Saturday and then bring out for an hour or so on Sunday. God should define us, not us define Him.The Scriptures should inform and transform us, not us forming the Scriptures into what we want. I am supposed to live my life as His child and His servant and submit myself to Him, not the other way around. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment