Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016

WHICH TEMPLE?


Luke 19:45-46

Then He went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in it, saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves. ’”

Personal Challenge

Since Paul in one of his letters describes our hearts as the temple of God, I must examine my heart and ask if I have turned it into a 'den of thieves'? Is my heart more concerned about the cares and concerns of the world than it is the cares and concerns of the kingdom of God? Can those around me look at the fruit of my life and see someone that reflects Christ or someone that is no different than everyone else in the world? Is my heart a 'house of prayer' or just my own, personal, self-centered house? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment