Monday, August 15, 2016

August 14, 2016

WEEPING OR IGNORING?


Matthew 2:18

“A voice was heard in Ramah,
Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children,
Refusing to be comforted,
Because they are no more.”

Personal Challenge

Reading this verse causes me to look deep into my heart and ponder whether or not I weep as Rachel did for the deaths of her children, her offspring, Just as Pharaoh of old had all the newborn sons of the Hebrews killed to prevent a prophecy from coming true, so too does Herod in this passage have all of the boys under the age of two slaughtered in order to retain his reign as King. How are we any different today when we allow unborn children to be slaughtered in the womb? How are we any different when we put the things of this world at a higher value than the people around us? How am I different than Pharaoh and Herod when I continually put my desires and wants above the needs of others. How many times do I slaughter another with an angry comment or a condescending thought? Do I pray for those in need, those suffering the pains, of life, or just everyone I come into contact with? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment