Monday, August 22, 2016

August 21,2016

HE HEARS ME!


Psalms 4:1

You heard me when I called, O God of my righteousness.
You strengthened my heart when I was in distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

Encouraging Words

God always hears me when I call out to Him. The problem is that I do not call out to Him when I need Him the most, which is every moment of every day. He is not only the God of my righteousness, but He is the only source of righteousness in my life, And once again, that righteousness is not very evident in my life because I am not consistently calling out to Him to make me righteous. When I do reach that point of distress and despair in my life, He is there for me, but once again I must call out to Him. Had I been calling out to Him sooner, then maybe I would not have come to that place of distress and despair. I can know, not only because He promises me, but because He has shown me time and again, that He does have mercy on me, and that He does hear my prayer. So why do I not call out to Him more often? Because I become so centered on myself and view life as if the world revolves around me. It does not! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment