Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 3, 2016

COMPETITION?


1 Corinthians 9:25-27

And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus:not with uncertainty. Thus I fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Personal Challenge

This passage is not about competition. It is not about reaching the goal. It is not even about winning or losing. It is about the process of preparing ourselves for the race, the fight of our life, or whatever spiritual competition that may come our way. What am I doing to be prepared? Do I have crystal clear clarity on the certainty of who I am competing for? Am I just shadow boxing or practicing by hitting the punching bag of life? As a follower of Christ, He is both my coach and the end goal of my objective. The crown that I am aiming for is the one that He will place on my head when I see Him face to face. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment