Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 5, 2016

STUMBLING BLOCK?


Romans 14:12-13

So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way.

Personal Challenge...

Life is most certainly a challenge, especially if my desire is to be a good representative of my Lord, I am constantly confronted with temptations and the desires that remain harbored in my flesh. Maybe this is one of the reasons the teachers in the New Testament, as well as Jesus Himself, so often taught about not judging one another. We have so much that we can judge within ourselves that there is no room to judge another. I think the critical portion of this passage is that last line, "but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way." If I truly love my Lord and try to demonstrate that love by loving my neighbor, then it becomes so important to not be the cause for them to sin or worse yet, turn away from God, This is where I need to spend more of my focus and energy rather than being judgemental. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment