Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6, 2016

SO HE DID!


Genesis 6:22

Thus Noah did according to all the Lord God commanded him, so he did.

Personal Challenge


Wait a minute! I am a modern American! I am free and I have inalienable rights to pursue happiness and whatever I want! But, is this really true if I choose to claim that I am a follower of Christ? Part of being a true follower of someone is that you go where they go and you do what they do and ask you to do. Jesus not only loved those around Him and put their needs first, but He also let those same people put Him to death on the cross. Surely He doesn't want me to follow Him there. Noah was Chosen out of all of the people of his day because God knew his heart. God knew that Noah would listen to His commands and do them. Would God choose me today if He needed someone to do a task for Him? I would have to reluctantly say, "No!" I have at my fingertips so many different versions of God's living Word. I have heard His teachings for most of my life. Do I do what He has commanded me? Seldom! Do I practice what my leader shows me to do? Seldom! Do I follow Him where He leads me? Nope! Then maybe it is time to truly assess my life using His measuring stick and see what I must do to be His follower. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment