Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016

ABBA! FATHER!


Leviticus 26:12

I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.

Encouraging Words

I am never alone on my journey through life. God has promised that He will walk amongst His people and be our God. And He never breaks His promises. He even went so far as to become human Himself and physically walked amongst us showing us how we could live our lives so that we could be even closer to Him. So, why is it that at times it feels like He is nowhere around? Is He playing some kind of cosmic, mystical game of hide-and-seek? No! if I take the time to truly search my heart and my life in these times I will find that is me that is playing hide-and-seek. God's presence here amongst us is spiritual and even mystical. The more that I let the physical world occupy and control my life, my mind, and my heart, then the farther I am away from that spiritual connection. with God. He is always there. He is always present. He never changes. So it is up to me to keep putting to death the things of this earth so that there is room in my life for the spiritual, It is when I do this that I can run and jump into the arms of my heavenly Father and joyfully say, "Abba!" Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner and the one doing the hiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment