Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13, 2016

LIVING IN GOD'S PRESENCE


Psalms 16:11 (15:11)
You made known to me the ways of life;
You will fill me with gladness in Your presence;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Encouraging Words

Yesterday, the verse from Leviticus reminded me of the promise that God made to live amongst us and how encouraging that is as I walk through the journey of life. Today, the psalmist makes it clear that God not only lives amongst us, but that He also teaches us what we need to know while we are on this journey, and that He will also fill us with joy and gladness as we dwell in His presence. What another wonderful promise from our loving, merciful Father. But it doesn't stop there. This promise continues on through eternity as we are told that we will be spending the remainder of eternity at His right hand experiencing and participating in His pleasures. I am so thankful that my faith practice, the Eastern Orthodox Church, teaches that this Kingdom of God, the eternal Heaven, began the day that Jesus became incarnate. I do not have to wait until I die to see the new heaven and new earth that Jesus referred to. He brought it into existence and my journey through this physical life includes the journey through my spiritual life as well. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment