Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 7, 2017

DESIRING WISDOM


2 Chronicles 1:10-12

Give me wisdom and understanding, so that I may go out and come in before this people, for who can judge this great people of Yours?”

And God said to Solomon, “Because this was in your heart and you did not ask for riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor did you ask for long life, but you asked for wisdom and understanding for yourself, that you might judge My people over whom I made you king, now I will give you this wisdom and understanding. I will also give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings before you possessed, nor shall any after you possess.”

Personal Challenge

What would I ask for if I was granted the opportunity to ask for anything that I wanted? Would I ask for great wealth? Would I ask for power? This is a question that mankind has wrestled with since the beginning of time. Here we have Solomon who is given the opportunity by the God that he loves and that many generations before him have loved and served. He could ask for anything, but he asks for wisdom. He had come to know that the most important gift that we could ever ask for is God's wisdom. As a reminder, the early church fathers equate wisdom in the Old Testament with Jesus Christ. So, indeed, the most valuable gift any of us could ask for is Jesus Christ, for through Him and the wisdom that He gives us we can thrive in our life here on earth. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment