Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15, 2017

HELP ME IN MY UNBELIEF


Mark 9:23-24

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Encouraging Words

I think that this is one of my favorite passages. I can definitely identify with this father and his expression of faith. He knows who Jesus is. He has seen with his own eyes the miracles that Jesus has performed. And here he is with his own son who is possessed by an evil spirit and very sick. He comes to Jesus to have his son treated. That is an expression of his faith. And here Jesus asks him if be believes. It is almost as if Jesus is telling him that if he believes enough, then that belief will be what heals his son. Jesus is telling this father, and all of us, that the power of healing, the power of everything, comes from God, through Jesus, but that we are the ones that direct that power through our belief in Him. It is the cry of the father that touches me so deeply. "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief?"' I too believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I too believe that He destroyed death! But I still need His help in the replacement of my unbelief with true belief. Glory be to God! Lord, have Mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have Mercy?

No comments:

Post a Comment