Monday, February 20, 2017

February 20, 2017

LOYALTY!


2 Chronicles 16:9

For the eyes of the Lord look over the whole earth and strengthen every heart that is loyal to Him. In this you did foolishly, and from now on you shall have wars.”

Personal Challenge

It appears to me that loyalty is a concept that has fallen by the wayside. We live in the age of "self". Our culture teaches us that the World revolves around ourselves and that all exists for our satisfaction. Even our Western Christianity believes that I alone can interpret the scriptures of God as long as I am reading them. This way of thinking generates in people an attitude that there is only one person that we are loyal to, "ourselves. This makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to live our lives the way that Jesus expects us to. Love God! Love my neighbor! Put others before me? Take up my cross and follow Him! No way! I cannot do that and be loyal to me. well, it doesn't matter what the culture is telling us to do. God is looking for those of us who desire to live our lives loyal to Him, centered on Him, and not focused on ourselves. This is indeed countercultural and is becoming harder every day. But we must press on? Lord, have Mercy! Lord, have Mercy! Lord, have Mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment