Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27, 2017

Lenten Prayer of St. Ephraim


O Lord and Master of my life, do not give to me the spirit of laziness, faintheartedness, lust for power, and idle talk.

But give to me Your servant the spirit of purity, humility, patience, and love.

O Lord and King, grant me to see my own faults and not to judge my brother, for blessed are You unto ages of ages. Amen.

O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.
O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.
O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.
O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.
O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.
O God, cleanse me, the sinner. O God, cleanse me, the sinner.

Encouraging Words

Today we continued our journey into the season of Great Lent with the Canon of Saint Andrew. I must admit that this has become one of my favorite services of the liturgical year and the Lenten prayer of St Ephraim is one of my favorite prayers. This Canon and prayer force me to prostate myself before my Lord because I am the worst of sinners and that the only proper place for me in the presence of my God is flat on my face begging for His mercy. I do not deserve the love that He has for me. I do not deserve His mercy. And yet He lavishly pours both out upon me! Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment