Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January 31, 2017

OUR SOURCE OF DELIVERANCE


1 Chronicles 16:34 (16:33 LXX)

And say, “Save us, O God of our salvation;
And deliver us from the Gentiles
To praise Your holy name,
And boast in Your praises.”

Personal Challenge


Oh, how many times I have called out to my God in times of need and have had Him do things to guide me through the challenges, and then turn my back on Him and go back to doing whatever I want. The response that I am slowly learning to give in these instances is to stay close to Him and praise Him for what He has done. God is so good to us. He created us in His image. He desires that we live our lives in a relationship with Him just as every parent desires to hear their child's voice. It is so easy to get caught up in the busyness of our lives and our world and miss the many opportunities to "walk in the garden" with our Father, our Creator, and our Benefactor. And yet, even though we so quickly run back to doing our own thing independent from our Father, He remains constant. He is continually our rock, our shelter, and our salvation. How much more we can experience His love and blessing if we choose to stay close to Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment