Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 13, 2017

PATIENCE???


Psalms 40:1-3 (39:1-4 LXX)
I waited patiently for the Lord, and He heeded me;
And He heard my supplication,
And brought me up out of a miserable pit
And from miry clay;
And He established my feet on a rock
And kept straight my steps.
He put a new song in my mouth,
A hymn to our God;
Many will see and be afraid,
And shall hope in the Lord.

Command with a Promise

Talk about a long list of rewards that we receive for doing just one thing...waiting patiently for the Lord. The psalmist proclaims that our Lord will heed us, He will hear our supplication, He will bring us up out of our miserable pit in life, He establishes our feet on a rock and keeps our path straight, He puts a new song in our mouth that will draw others to Him. He does all this when we wait patiently for Him, So, what does that mean? It means that we trust Him to do what is best for us. It means we stop jumping in the driver's seat and taking over. It means we stop throwing fits when things aren't going our way or moving along fast enough for us. Patience is never a virtue to be asked for, but always one to pursue. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the impatient sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment