Friday, May 19, 2017

May 18, 2017

FROM MY MOTHER'S WOMB...


Psalms 71:5 (70:6 LXX)

By You I have been supported from birth;
From my mother's womb You have been my protector;
My song shall be always of You.

Encouraging Words

There are so many religious practices throughout the history of man, and still many today, that teach that we must do certain things to win the favor of God. In some of these, we cannot even get God to recognize us until we reach a certain level of works. In some, it does not matter how much we do, we can never catch God's eye. This is not what my faith practice believes. We agree with the psalmist as He proclaims the truth of God here. God knows each and every­one of us before we are born, indeed He knows us before we are even conceived. He protects us from that moment of conception through to the point in time that we take our last breath. Most importantly, through that entire life cycle, He allows us the ability to choose or reject Him, never stopping from loving us. This is my God! This is my protector! He is who I choose to put my trust and hope in. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment