Monday, May 29, 2017

May 28, 2017

FROM OUR HEARTS


Luke 6:45

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Personal Challenge

The world continually tells us that our appearances and the stuff that we possess are what defines who we are. However, our Lord tells us that it is what we have in our heart that truly defines us. I can only keep up a facade for so long before it fades and crumbles. I can only project an image for so long before the light behind it dims and then the image begins to show through. Jesus tells us that we must fill our hearts with Him, with love for Him and His Father, with love for our neighbor, in order for abundant treasures to flow forth from my heart. My heart drives what I think, what I speak, and what I do. If my heart belongs to my Lord then His abundance will flow from it. If my heart belongs to me then my abundance will flow from it and that never ends up good. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment