Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 18, 2017

SPENDING TIME WITH OUR LORD


Psalms 101:2 (100:2 LXX)

I will sing and understand in a blameless way;
When will You come to me?
I walked in the innocence of my heart in the midst of my house.

Personal Challenge


It is clear to me that our enemy does not want us to spend time with our Lord. Whether it be in the middle of our worship service on Sunday or the times in our lives that we try to have quiet time or when we are reading His scriptures, it is so easy to be distracted by things around us and within our Hearts and minds. Sometimes this is just me letting my mind wander and sometimes it is the enemy trying to take our focus off of our God. One way to win out over these distractions is to come back to the place of innocence and blamelessness that Jesus gave us when He entered our hearts. This begins by humbling ourselves before Him and resting in the fact that He loves us so much and desires so much more for us than we will ever know. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment