Wednesday, September 13, 2017

September 13, 2017

MERCY


Psalms 109:21-22 (108:21-22 LXX)

But You, O Lord, O Lord, deal mercifully with me for Your name's sake,
For Your mercy is good.
Save me, for I am poor and needy,
And my heart is troubled within me.

Encouraging Words
Mercy: compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender on to one subject to one's power.
Isn't this something that we all desire and ultimately what we all need. As humans, we often live our lives as if we are gods and that every­thing and everyone is subject to us and our whims. But whether we want to admit it or not, there is a God, our Creator, and Sustainer and we are subject to Him. It is Him that we have offended with our sin and continue to offend on a regular basis. The Psalmist reminds us that our Lord is merciful, not just for our sake, but for His own sake because He is mercy in essence and that mercy is good. He knows that we are all poor and needy, that our hearts are troubled within us because we have betrayed Him, and that we need His salvation. What a blessing it is to be able to call my God, Father, knowing that His mercy will cover me throughout the remainder of eternity. Thank You, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment