Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 17, 2017

NOT MISSING OUT


Psalms 110:4 (111:4 LXX)

For the upright, light springs up in darkness,
For he is merciful, compassionate, and righteous.

Encouraging Words

One of the excuses that I have heard as to why a person chooses to not live a Christian life was that they felt that they would miss out on all of the fun things in life. Besides, it was said that we only live once so we might as well make the most of it. I am sorry some people think that way, for it has no truth in it. I have never missed out on having a fun and full life. I have chosen to forgo many of the things that the world deems as fun and I have no regrets. Besides, by trying to live an upright life, I have seen the light of my God spring up in the darkness of this world. I have seen His mercy, compassion, and righteousness poured out so many times, on so many people, and in so many diverse places. God is good! God is loving! And most importantly, those times that I stumble and fall in my journey of life, those times when I turn my mind or heart away from God, He is there shining His light even so much more brightly to bring me back home like the prodigal son so that He can lavish all the more mercy, compassion, and righteousness upon me. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment