Friday, September 22, 2017

September 19, 2017

HEARKENING TO GOD'S VOICE


Proverbs 8:32-34

Now therefore, my son, hear me:
Blessed is the man who shall hearken to me
And the man who shall guard my ways;
Who watches daily at my doors,
Who keeps watch at the doors of my entryways;
For my issues are the issues of life,
And grace is prepared from the Lord.

Command with a Promise


We are told that if we listen to our God, hearken to His voice, guard the ways of our God, and keep watch daily at His doors and entryways, then His grace will be prepared for us. What does this mean? Our Lord has told us that His kingdom has arrived. Jesus established God's kingdom in our hearts when He came to dwell amongst us. So, doesn't it make sense that the doors and the entryways that we are being told to keep watch over are the doors of our hearts? It is so easy to get distracted by the things of this world and drop our guard allowing the world to creep into our hearts and lead us into sin. That is why the ability to effectively watch over our heart is to keep listening for His voice and hearkening to His instruction. This is the beginning of receiving His grace and blessings. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment