Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January 10, 2018

KEEPING ETERNAL LIFE


John 12:25-26

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Personal Challenge

Sometimes I find myself asking the question "Do I really want to follow Jesus?" Thankfully, those times are few and far between, however, it is still a question that needs to be answered. God has spent the entire span of human existence trying to show us His immense love for us, trying to woo us back from the sinful world that Adam and Eve ushered into this world. It is because of this love, a love that I have felt in my life, and seen manifested in the lives of so many that I have known, that I keep answering this question with a resounding "Yes!". I know that the life that He asks me to hate for Him is this temporal, worldly life, He wants me to hate that life and to love the eternal life that He has given to me through His death. He wants me to serve Him and to follow Him all the time and especially in the midst of this temporal life that I have been born into. By doing this, loving Him, serving Him, following Him, then I will constantly be in His presence and be honored by the Father. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment