Friday, January 5, 2018

January 5, 2018

BELIEF


John 11:25-26

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

Encouraging Words

Do you believe this? This may be one of the most powerful and important questions of all time. Do we really believe Jesus when He claims that He is the resurrection and life and that all who believe in Him shall never die? Do we truly believe that our eternal life begins when we put our trust and

belief in Him? If we do, then why do we keep living our lives as if He never existed? Why do we strive so hard to be in control of our lives and abandon God? Why do we flee from loving our neighbor in ways that only a child of God could? It is because we so often say that we believe but still hold on to our doubts and our desires to be in control. I believe, but I need my God to purge any remaining doubts from my heart and mind. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment