Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August 7, 2018

JUDGE NOT...


Romans 14:7-10

For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Personal Challenge

Paul makes it pretty clear here that I do not have the right, the authority, or the charge to judge others. That is Gods' role and His alone. I am charged to love my neighbor, to honor, respect, and take care of those in need, and to love and give my cheek (both of them to my enemy). Our early church fathers taught that Jesus is the Lord of both the saint and the sinner, of the dead and the alive (both physically and spiritually). I, for one, do not want to stand before the judgment seat of my loving Lord and be judged for how much I chose to judge others. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment