Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July 23, 2024

SUFFICIENT GRACE


2 Corinthians 12:9-10

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Personal challenge

We live in a country, and a culture, that prides itself on self-sufficiency. Many of us have ancestors that were pioneers and helped expand and settle this land. We are taught that we can do anything that we set our minds to. Even though all of this is true, as followers of Christ, we must recognize that our self-sufficiency is worthless in the kingdom of heaven. It is our weaknesses that we should boast about because it is through those weaknesses the Jesus is glorified. He is glorified when He is allowed to use those weaknesses to build His kingdom. He is magnified when He uses our weaknesses to spread His gospel. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment