Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011

James 2:1-4 NASB
My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, “You sit here in a good place,” and you say to the poor man, “You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool,” have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?

Personal Challenge...
This passage reminds me that I must hold onto my faith in Jesus Christ as a gift from God. It is not for me to judge those around me whom have also been given this gift yet express it in ways different than me. I must be careful to not act as if my expression of this faith is the only right and true way and therefore treat my fellow brothers and sisters as inferior (unsaved) because they do not have my vocabulary or expressions of faith. It is God's responsibility to judge the hearts of His children. It is my responsibility to humble myself before Him and be His vessel used by Him and for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment