Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2, 2011

John 15:15-17 NASB
No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another.

Words of Encouragement...
I recently had the opportunity to teach a class on cultural sensitivity to a team that is heading to Haiti in March. This is one of the passages that I share in the training as a reminder that we are not slaves in Christ, but His friends. He shares His love to us much more deeply than if we were slaves. As a matter of fact, as slaves, no love is required. He has picked me so that He can pour out His love on me and share His Father with me. He then commands me to pass this love on to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment