Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4, 2012


Numbers 14:18 NASB


The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations.

Personal Challenge...

I am so thankful that the LORD is so loving and forgiving. It is because of this that He is so patient with my propensity to sin and to turn my back on Him. I have often viewed this verse as God warning us that our sins will be paid for by our children and their children. Actually it seems to be saying that the seeds of sin, the lessons that we teach our children through our sinfulness, will be planted in our children's lives and begin to grow. Oh how important it is for us to live Godly and righteous lives before our children...especially when it means going against what is popular in our culture. I hope and pray that my children and their children will forgive me for the seeds of sin that I planted in their lives in my younger years.

No comments:

Post a Comment