Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1, 2012


Colossians 4:2

Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;

Personal Challenge...

Prayer is to be an ever present part of my life. It does not mean that I have to be running to a private place to be in prayer, or in some special position with hands folded. I am to be earnestly and vigilantly pursuing the heart of God, and doing it always with a spirit of thanksgiving. I love how the Jesus prayer, "Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!", can be prayed under my breath or out loud, with my prayer beads or not, in the middle of a meeting or while riding my motorcycle. A simple prayer, that when prayed enough, becomes embedded in my very essence and brings me closer to Paul's charge to pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment