Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012


Luke 12:29-31

“And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you."

Personal Challenge...

I have been blessed to have been able to walk through nearly 47 years with Christ as my Lord. Throughout those years I have had my good times and my bad times, I have walked close to Him and sometimes wandered away from His straight and narrow path. But in all of this I have learned the truth of this passage. God does provide for me...more than even I do myself. God does provide for me...not necessarily what I want but what I need. I have learned to be content with Him and not worry or get upset about what is going on around me or in my life. Thank You, Lord Jesus.

Unfortunately I allowed an event yesterday to really get under my skin and get me very angry. One thing that I cannot stand to see is a leader in the church misuse his position of authority for personal gain and get away with it, or worse yet, be protected by other leaders around him/her. This is a misuse and abuse of the authority provided by God and an affront to the Bride of Christ. For this anger I pray, "Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner." For this acto by another, one in a leadership position I pray, "Father, my Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." My plea for all involved is, "Lord, have mercy!, Lord, have mercy! Lord,have mercy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment