Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Encouraging Words...

Wages...that which I earn for the labor I have performed. Gift...that which is freely given to me without my doing anything to earn it. What a contrast. Since sin dwells within me, within my flesh, I have committed, and will continue to commit, sin. Therefore, I have earned the wages of that sin, which is eternal death. However, Jesus, who never sinned, and who broke the grip of both sin and death, has become that free gift offered by God to me. Through Jesus' life and work, and God's grace and love, I have been given the gift of eternal life. What a blessing. What an incredible act of love by our God the Father. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment