Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013


Romans 10:14-15

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

Personal Challenge...

I believe we are all called to be one of three types of people in the church when it comes to spreading the gospel: goers, senders, and pray-ers. Someone must go to those who have not heard the gospel, or who do not have it readily available to them. Others must be active in sending the goers by financially supporting their needs. All of us must be pray-ers who lift up the goers and petition for more senders. This does not discount that all of us are commanded to share the gospel in every aspect of our lives. For me, the personal challenge is that I desire to be a goer. I have been blessed with the opportunity to do God's work both here in my own back yard as well as around the world. I have even been blessed with the opportunity to do this full time for over two years in Haiti. Unfortunately I have made choices throughout my life that now prevent me from being a full time goer. No regrets though, because by the grace of God I am continually given opportunities to go, to send, and to pray for the harvest. God is so good to His children, of which I am one. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment