Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013

Matthew 8:13

Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.

Encouraging Words...

I have often been asked, the question, "Why doesn't God do these kinds of miracles any more?" Well...actually He does, all the time. One of the blessings of doing missions work outside of the USA is that I have had the chance to be in places where people's beliefs are more like this centurion's and miracles are more visible. I have also seen the hand of God at work enough in my own life to see that He is still working these kinds of miracles. So what is the difference? Just as in the day of Jesus it is us, the people, who are of little faith. We either do not see Him working His miracles or we are so faithless that we inhibit His miraculous workings. So much for living in the "age of enlightenment." This is one of the reasons that one of the primary focuses of my journey through life as an Orthodox Christian is to learn to think, and believe, like our early church fathers did. To think like the apostles, to believe like the apostles, to abandon the modern way of thinking and believing about God. As the father of the boy possessed by a demon said to Jesus, "I believe, help me in my unbelief!"

No comments:

Post a Comment