Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 20, 2016

UNDER THE WATCHFUL FATHER'S EYE


Psalms 32:8 (31:8 LXX)

I will give you understanding, and I will teach you in the way you should walk;
I will fix My eyes on you.

Encouraging Words

I am never alone! My God, the creator of all thing visible and invisible, has promised to keep His eyes fixed on me. He does not do this like some grand inquisitor watching my every move and waiting to punish me for every mistake that I make. He is watching me as a loving parent watches his, or her, child, delighting in every move they make, hesitating at every trepidatious thing that they attempt, knowing that this is their beloved child who carries their image in everything that they do. This is my God, my heavenly Father that I know watches over me. And He doesn't stop there, He nurtures me. He gives me understanding. He teaches me in the way that I should walk. He does all of this out of His nature of love. What should be my response to this? A life that tries to emulate Him! A life that glorifies Him! This is only possible by knowing Him. To know Him can only be accomplished by knowing His Son, who is the physical representation, the Icon, of His Father. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment