Monday, October 16, 2017

October 15, 2017

A BURNING HEART?


Luke 24:32

And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”

Personal challenge

Here is a question that I know that I must ask myself regularly. "Does my heart burn within me when I hear the Scriptures read taught to me?" Regretfully, I must say that this does not happen often enough. The Scriptures are God's Word captured in writing for me to cherish and fill my heart with. The teachings of His saints and the leaders of my church today are His spoken Words for me to meditate on and fill my heart and mind with. And as with so many other aspects of my life, actually all aspects of my life, this is my choice. I must choose to put Gods written and spoken Word first and foremost in my life so that my heart burns for Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment