Friday, February 22, 2019

February 22, 2019

TO BE CONTENT



Philippians 4:11-13

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Personal Challenge

True personal contentment is not something that this temporal world can give us. It can only be given to us by our loving God. The results, or better yet, the manifestation, of this Godly contentment in our lives are evident in how we deal with the things and events of this world. Whether we are abounding and being celebrated and recognized in our regular, ongoing daily activities or being rejected, by those around us, are we content. If our bellies are full or empty, are we content? Are things going exactly the way that we want than to or are we suffering day-by-day, and are we content in either situation? True godly contentment, like true godly joy, is not based on circumstances. It is based on our Source of contentment, Jesus Christ, through Whom we can do all things because He strengthens us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment