Wednesday, August 21, 2019

August 16, 2019

PASS THE BUCK


Genesis 3:11-13

Thus He said, “Who said you were naked? Have you eaten from the one tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” Then Adam said, “The woman You gave me, gave me of the tree, and I ate.” So the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Personal challenge

The desire to be right, to be vindicated of the wrong that we have committed is so strong and goes all the way back to Adam and Eve. "I am not responsible for what I did, so-and-so made me do it!" We are all experts at deflecting the blame for our bad behaviors off to someone or something else. We pass the buck. But God always knows the truth and He still seeks to walk with us in the garden. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment