Saturday, August 1, 2020

July 31, 2020

PATIENCE


Proverbs 16:30 (16:32)

A patient man is better than a strong man,
And he who controls his temper is better than he who captures a city.

Person Challenge

Here we go with another charge to be patient. I want what I want and I want it now. Isn't that how we all behave most of the time? I know that I do, all too often. Instant gratification. Isn't that what being an American all about? Well, not according to the teachings of the scriptures, our Lord, and the saints that have gone before us. Do we want to be strong, then be patient. Do we want to be able to capture a city, or conquer that formidable task that sits before us, then control our temper? So many of these teachings do not make sense because they are so contradictory to our modern way of thinking. But heavenly thinking is not of this earth. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment