Thursday, August 12, 2021

August 10, 2021

KEEPING HIS WORD


John 14:23-24

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.”

Personal Challenge

In Thailand, everyone proclaims themselves to be Buddhist strictly by the fact that they were born Thai. The country has been Buddhist for so long that being Thai and Buddhist are synonymous. We are quickly becoming the same way here in America. I am an American, so I am Christian because all true Americans are Christians. It doesn't work that way in Gods' eyes. A Christian loves Jesus and keeps His word, and lives by that word. We are not Christians by birth or proclamation, but by being changed by Jesus and living lives that glorify Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment