Sunday, December 19, 2021

December 19, 2021

WHATEVER YOU DO


1 Corinthians 10:31

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Personal Challenge

As a follower of Christ, we are supposed to be walking in the footsteps of our Lord and savior. This means that we try to live as He would. Jesus did not take any short cuts. He gave His all for His Father, and ultimately, all of us. What does this mean for us? It means that in whatever we do, we do it for the glory of God. We gave our all, 100%, plus anything else that we can muster. Are we asked to clean the toilets or vacuum the rugs, then we do it for His glory. Are we singing in the choir or teaching a class or working in the nursery, then we do it for His glory. And this does not stop with the church. In my job, at my home, when I go shopping, everything that I do should be for His glory. It saddens me that in the six decades that I have been trying to follow Jesus, I have seen this mindset dwindle down to be almost non-existent, not only in our society, but more sadly in our churches. We, those of us who practice Christianity, should be different than the rest of the world. We are quickly being indistinguishable from the world around us. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment