Friday, September 30, 2022

September 29, 2022

POINTING FINGERS


Genesis 3:11-13

Thus He said, “Who said you were naked? Have you eaten from the one tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” Then Adam said, “The woman You gave me, gave me of the tree, and I ate.” So the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Personal Challenge

It is always someone else's fault. It seems like every child is born with the innate ability to point the finger at someone, or something, else when they are caught doing something that they should not have done. As adults, most of us have mastered this ability. It all started in the garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were challenged about eating the forbidden fruit. They could have confessed the truth, that they had wronged God, but rather than that, they pointed to someone else that made them do it. God's desire is that we run to Him when we have sinned, confess that sin, and seek His forgiveness. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment