Friday, December 9, 2022

December 9, 2022

REST


Matthew 11:28-30

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Encouraging Words


Life continues to get more hectic and convoluted every day. In all this hustle and bustle, all this scrambling to carry the burdens of our labor, we are getting more and more tired and irritable. Then we have Jesus asking us to take up His yoke with the promise that He will give us rest. The problem for most of us is that we try to add His yoke to whatever we are already carrying. This is not what He is asking us to do. He wants us to take off the yoke that we have, which is loaded down with the burdens and cares of the world, set it down permanently, and then put on His yoke. He will pick up our old yoke and carry that for us. That is how we begin to learn from Him. That is how we find rest for our souls. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment