Sunday, May 19, 2024

May 19, 2024

COMPETE FOR THE PRIZE


1 Corinthians 9:25-27

And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Personal Challenge

Paul often uses sports metaphors to describe the Christian life. We are running a race. We are engaged in a fight. We are pursuing the imperishable crown. We must compete throughout our life here on earth so as to obtain the imperishable crown at the end of the race. We will stumble along the way. When we do, we get up and get back into the race. We will get tired or disillusioned, but we reconnect to our source of life and continue the race. We do all this because we love our God and know that He loves us so much more. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment