Thursday, May 23, 2024

May 23, 2024

SEEK THE WELL-BEING OF OTHERS


1 Corinthians 10:23-24

All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well-being.

Personal Challenge

Jesus fulfilled the law of the Old Testament covenant. He ushered in a whole new law. That law is to love our God with all of our heart, mind, body, and spirit and to love our neighbor as ourselves. In essence this has made it "legal" for me to do anything that I want as long as these two expectations of loving are not violated. Where this leaves me is to determine if my choices, my actions, will be edifying to God and seeking the other's well-being or edifying to me and seeking my own. The latter is what draws me away from God and injures my brother. Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment