Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012


Ephesians 4:29 NASB

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

Personal Challenge...

It is so easy to get caught up in the vernacular of the day and to start speaking in a way that cuts little microscopic slices in those around us. It has become the norm, what we in our home often call the "Jerry Seinfeld" way of talking to people. We often read a verse like this and say that it doesn't apply to me because I don't tear people down. Even if we just do little cuts and digs we are still slicing away at someones person. The scriptures tells us to have no unwholesome word proceed from our mouths. Something that I need to watch continually so that I can be building up those whom God has put into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment