Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 31, 2013


Psalm 104:33-34 (103:33-34 LXX)

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing to my God as long as I exist;
May my words be pleasing to Him,
And I shall be glad in the Lord.

Personal Challenge...

"And I shall be glad in the Lord." Joy...that elusive state of life that so many are pursuing. Joy does not come from the stuff I own, for if that is where I am seeking our joy I will be coveting what everyone else has because I think that what they have gives them joy. Joy does not come from my position in life, for if I look closely enough I will find that there are many in higher positions than me who have no joy and many more below me that have much more joy. True joy that is saturated with peace and contentment does not come from anything in this world that I can acquire or attain. It comes from the pursuit of the heart of God, living a life of humility and sacrifice, putting others around us first. True joy can only come from the One True God and not the god that I have created in His image. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment