Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18, 2015

Willing to give it all?


Acts 21:13

Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."

Personal Challenge...

Am I so close to my Lord, so committed to Him, so trusting in Him, that I would be willing to walk into the lion's den prepared for whatever may come of my temporal body or way of life? It seems like we of the western way of thinking about God have come up with some safe images of Him and what He would do for us in these cases. This is not how Paul and the early church fathers thought at all. For them it was about what they could give to God...including their life. They saw God bigger than themselves, their enemies, and even the world. They did not have scriptures to cling to because they had not been written yet. And besides, they didn't need them because they walked close to their Lord. So, am I ready to make a statement like this and then step out on faith? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment