Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10, 2016

Who does God speak to?


Ezra 2:2 (1 Esdras 2:2)

Thus says Cyrus the king of the Persians: Israel's Lord, the Lord Most High, revealed and indicated to me, the king of the inhabited world, that I should build a house for Him at Jerusalem in Judea.

Personal Challenge

Sometimes we Christians get prideful and boast that only we can communicate with God and hear back from Him. In this verse, we are told that God clearly communicated to someone "outside of the faith" and that they listened to Him. God can, and will, do whatever He wants to. He is the Lord Most High and knows the true state of our hearts and whether or not He can use us to build His kingdom. My responsibility in all fo this is to prepare my heart so that He can use me, be obedient to Him and love Him and my neighbor, and trust that all truth is His truth and the even those who do not appear in my eyes to love Him may have some of that truth. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment