Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26, 2016

LIVING A PATIENT LIFE


Wisdom of Sirach 1:20-21 LXX

A patient man will hold fast until the proper time,
Then afterwards gladness shall burst forth for him.
He shall conceal his words until the proper time,
And the lips of many will tell of his understanding.

Personal Challenge

Our God is so patient. He has waited for over 2,000 years so that more of His creation may come to know Him and we have no idea how much longer He will wait. If my desire is to be like Him and to grow in the image of my Lord Jesus Christ, then this is one area of my life that I can work on, being patient. By learning to be patient I will be exercising love for my neighbor. This practice will also play out in learning how to conceal my words and hold my tongue. This too is showing love for my neighbor and putting them before myself. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment