Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 24, 2016

LOVED BY GOD


Lamentations 3:52-54

"You heard my voice;
Do not hide Your ears from my supplication.
You drew near at my call on the day I called upon You.
You said to me, 'Do not fear.'
O Lord, You pleaded the case for my soul;
You redeemed my life."

Personal Challenge


It often amazes me how often people act like they speak for God and condemn others who don't act, think, or live like they do. In doing so they call out these different people as being condemned and even hated by God. However, the scriptures and teachings of our church fathers clearly point our that our loving and merciful God hears the voices of those who sincerely call out to Him. He has throughout the history of mankind redeemed men and women who have committed every manner of sin. Sin is sin and it separates us from the love of our God. That is why He came to us and became one of us. He lived as a man in a sinful world and did not sin so that we can call out to Him and have Him hear us. That is true love and I am commanded to love those around me with this kind of love. It is not for me to judge another person's sin for mine is bad enough. It is for me to love my neighbor and show them God's love. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment